/next/ - NeXTCHAN Support & Meta

All meta discussions here.

_
File

Welcome to NeXTCHAN, the next generation imageboard.

Please read the Global Rules before posting: https://nextchan.org/rules.html

Bug reports: https://gitgud.io/blazechan/blazechan/issues/new (you'll need to sign up) or post in this thread.

Please report all spam posts as you see them, this helps global volunteers clean them up faster.

Site Hosting

The site is currently hosted on a OpenVZ server in Charlotte, USA.
Specs:
- 1G RAM+1G Swap
- 2 core Xeon CPU
- 45GB SSD (34GB used)
- 1Gbit uplink

Support NeXTCHAN For a Better Server

The current server will not be able to host everything we plan to introduce (IPFS archival, PIXIV/Mastodon integration, Matrix...). Please help support NeXTCHAN through donations.
Requirements for target:
- $20/mo for better server
- $15 for domain transfer to US registrar
- $15/yr for domain renewal
- Any extras are appreciated, and will be used for ads on other sites/chans and unexpected costs
Bitcoin: 1LRVu6xrkgrAAGwVi4ToZEQhrkZDkUowUR
Litecoin: LZZWYzApKWMP8ZGodQMfJmuEH7aPooZfXK

Current Software Status

NeXTCHAN is currently running Blazechan 0.11.0+git20180611.

I want a feature added!

https://gitgud.io/blazechan/blazechan/issues/new
Please remember that not all requests are doable and currently Blazechan has a backlog of feature requests already.
Update 2018-06-11: I currently only have time for very minor fixes and as such cannot do feature requests. Additionally, a major backend refactor is planned, therefore no feature requests will be done until that (expected August in the latest).

Contact

You can reach me at admin <> nextchan ! org. My personal email is comeon <> getbackinthe ! kitchen. (<> = @, ! = .)

This post was last updated at 06-11-2018 (Mon) 17:12:36 by m712.

hey m712!

loving the speed, it is indeed blazing fast

here's a few issues, tho

>#urgent!

-post deletion:
just deleted a test post, and all my other posts disappeared, as if there was a "delete all posts from this ip/ID" rule set as default

>board configuration:

-announcement: looks like the board announcement isn't working, I really like this feature because we always post the board rules there as big as possible, just as a link to the global rules, as to avoid any later misunderstandings

-board rules: can't seen to find any options regarding this either, aside from putting them in the announcement, which isn't working either

-flags: activated them, but they're not showing

-banners: banners seem to be uploading properly, but then they're not showing in the assets panel, so it's impossible to know how many banners you've uploaded, or to delete them, it just keep saying "There are no banners for this board.", even tho there is

-bans: banned ips take you to the ban page, just to tell you're not banned, so there's no access to the ban details at all

-poster ID's: they stop showing, until you manually refresh the whole page (F5)

>general posting issues:

-spaces: I'm a big fan of the so-called "reddit spacing", it just makes for a more pleasant reading experience

so far the only way I've found to leave blank spaces between paragraphs is alt+255, is there another way?

-phoneposting: one of my guys told me the site mobile version displays correctly, but the post box is out of bonds, so there's no way to actually post

that's it so far, please let me know if you need anything else

thanks!

>>363
btw, just deleted a post again on my board, and it deleted all my posts again, but not this one, so it must be a board thing

hope this helps!

>>364
it also happens when deleting someone else's posts

once you delete one post, all that poster's posts are gone

>>363
Most of the issues you described I know about, but don't have the time to fix yet. I'll try to fix the ones I can do quickly.

>just deleted a test post, and all my other posts disappeared, as if there was a "delete all posts from this ip/ID" rule set as default

Ah yeah, that's a bugfix I've yet to push to master too. Sorry, will quickfix.

>announcement: looks like the board announcement isn't working, I really like this feature because we always post the board rules there as big as possible, just as a link to the global rules, as to avoid any later misunderstandings

Not implemented yet, sorry.

>board rules: can't seen to find any options regarding this either, aside from putting them in the announcement, which isn't working either

Use static pages + a sticky for now. You can create a rules.html which will be at https://nextchan.org/yourboard/rules.html.

>flags: activated them, but they're not showing

No flags yet, sorry again.

>banners: banners seem to be uploading properly, but then they're not showing in the assets panel, so it's impossible to know how many banners you've uploaded, or to delete them, it just keep saying "There are no banners for this board.", even tho there is

Will check this one out asap.

>bans: banned ips take you to the ban page, just to tell you're not banned, so there's no access to the ban details at all

Yeah that's also fugged, will look into

>poster ID's: they stop showing, until you manually refresh the whole page (F5)

Post IDs don't show on new posts yet, I've yet to fix

>spaces: I'm a big fan of the so-called "reddit spacing", it just makes for a more pleasant reading experience

Are the spaces collapsing? That shouldn't happen.

>phoneposting: one of my guys told me the site mobile version displays correctly, but the post box is out of bonds, so there's no way to actually post

Yet to fix, but you can click the post button, it's sticking out at the bottom.>>364
>

>>366
The banned page, the post deletion and board banners should be fixed.

>>366

>Most of the issues you described I know about, but don't have the time to fix yet. I'll try to fix the ones I can do quickly.

oh, cool, cool , man, no worries

the deletion thing was the only crucial error

>Use static pages + a sticky for now. You can create a rules.html which will be at https://nextchan.org/yourboard/rules.html.

perfect, will do so

>Are the spaces collapsing? That shouldn't happen.

yup, no empty lines of any kind, you gotta force it with a alt+255 character

>Yet to fix, but you can click the post button, it's sticking out at the bottom

alright, I'll pass it on!

(218.77KB, 680x974)
Playback: [Loop] [Play Once] (Hide)

>>366

>The banned page

dang, the banned proxy stopped working, but will test it next time I run into one

both the post deletion and the board banners are working perfectly now

THANKS!

just made this btw, will keep on updating it as it changes, or more tags are added

>>370
looks very nice, but i think you should replace the nextchan logo with blazechan's as this applies to the engine itself

(224.0KB, 680x974)

>>371
delivered!

alright, updating still buggy, been using F5 instead and it works fine

but now when trying to delete a thread, I'm getting "Server Error (500)"

keep up the good work, bros

>>373
These have been fixed. Now streaming thread updates are enabled. All replies will be shown instantly.

>>374
Test.

(263.57KB, 680x1121)
(71.82KB, 800x485)

>>374

>These have been fixed. Now streaming thread updates are enabled. All replies will be shown instantly

haha, holy crap, this thing is literally flying now 

awesome!

well, everything else is cosmetic really, maybe except the text-collapsing thing?

the speed is orgasm-inducing, tho

updated the tags pic a bit, btw

>>378
That's pretty cool. I also fixed the overboard issue you were talking about.

>>379
outstanding, man!

[autism] by the way, noticed some peculiar behavior, alt+255 works great to leave empty lines between paragraphs, but it stops working after using the # tags, which seem to behave differently that some other tags...

for that, been using a combination of the tag breaker, spoiler tags, and alt255, which forces an empty like after red text words[/autism]

>>380
Just don't reddit space.

(499.97KB, 250x231)

>>381
ok, ok, ok

I'll try

about the board title and subtitle size and their placement in relation to the banners, tho...

j/k, j/k, j/k :^)

oh, memeing aside, the tripcode/name isn't sticking in the reply box... not sure if this is normal behavior or not

hey m, did you get a chance to take a look at the name/tripcode issue?

btw, I was gonna suggest a new feature

in the board panel, "nextchan.org/cp/boards/", adding a link to the board's main page

unless I'm missing something, there's no way to jump to the actual board from there...

>>391

>name/tripcode issue

It needs JS, and I can't work on code until I get some free time which will be in July.

>add a link to the board's main page

Good idea. Will make a quickfix now.

>>391
Alright. You should now have a board index link in the panel.

>>421
>>420

>Alright. You should now have a board index link in the panel. 

works perfect, thanks! 

>It needs JS, and I can't work on code until I get some free time which will be in July. 

no problem, man, looking forward to keep on tweaking the site :)

>>422
I added a new caching system. Please let me know how it works out, and please report any bugs.

(1.07MB, 320x240)

>>423
well, everything seems to be running amazingly smooth so far 

even faster than before, and no posting errors at all 

I'm compiling a list of suggestions too, btw 

next month whenever you get some free time just let me know, and I'll post them here if you want 

>>424
i have a suggestion: thread archiving
i know that there is a "download all images in a thread" option in the little triangle menu, but it would be nice to have a complete archiving feature

>>425

>i know that there is a "download all images in a thread"

which is awesome, btw 

I remember 8ch had/has a "download thread" option too, which would basically make a huge .png with sort of a "capture" of the whole thread

and they also offered the chance to archive the whole board on another site, (I think) 

personally I always opt out of any kind of archiving, so I never really tested it, tho

>>424
another suggestion i have is bringing back custom css themes
not sure if i remember this correctly but infinitynext had some sort of themeing option in the settings, which i didnt use much, but it would be great to bring it back to encourage stuff like >>/B/71

>>427
oh, yeah, that's been one of the main suggestions, at the very least a dark-theme option

here's what I have so far, aside from specific mobile-posting things

-remove automatic ">" when quoting
-board index updating
-tripcodes don't stick
-post-editing
-"view last 50 posts" option
-cross-thread post previews
-ID highlighting (when clicking)
-youtube embedding
-(You)s or nametags
-custom themes, or a dark-theme option
-fix .png transparency for thumbnails
-add banner specifications (size, dimensions, number)

have you considered hosting your shit on Scaleway (for example)? It's literally 4 bucks a month and you get a fuckton more than you have.

4€ a month gets you 2 64 bit Cores, 50 GB SSD, 2 GB of RAM and... well 200 Mb/s network but I mean... do you really use that much bandwidth anyway?

8€ a month gets you 4 64 bit Cores, 100 GB SSD, 4 GB of RAM, 300 Mb/s network

or if you decide to go with bare metal servers then you have connections from 1 GB up, same specs as mentioned before

daily reminder of the developer side of this site
https://dev.nextchan.org/

The animated Rainbowtext is unbelievably fucking annoying, far more than 8chan/cow/s rainbowtext ever could be and anyone who suggested it is a nigger.
But I'll make another suggestion... early 8chan had autoplay gifs and a bug had it again for a little bit and everyone enjoyed it. So maybe allow a BO option for it since it could be used as shitposting with seizure gifs too.

>>146
>

My brand-new effect
http://qualityadultaffiliates.com/?joyce

Blazechan JS Settings